Our membership schemes are open to anyone working in, or hailing from, Scotland. We offer a wide range of services to help you get your work noticed.
- SMC website profile including your biography, multimedia, and performances
- Member receptions and networking events
- Access to receive and contribute to member newsletter – High Notes
- Event listings of your concerts and performances
- Features on SMC social media – Twitter and Facebook
- Hires and sales of your work
- 10% discount on all purchases, printing and binding
- Catalogue entries of your works
- Representation on an international level – SMC takes part in Classical:NEXT, the European Music Council & the International Association of Music Information Centres
- Use of Opportunities page for commissions, funding, professional development etc.
- Use of Job vacancies page
- One to one phone calls, emails and meetings with SMC staff
- Free use of SMC foyer space for events and meetings during office hours (Mon – Fri, 10.30am – 6pm)
Each of our membership schemes can be tailored to your requirements as an artist, so please get in touch to discuss your options.
- Individual (composer, freelancer, instrumentalist, singer / songwriter) – £10 per month / £120 per year
- Group / Small Business (chamber ensemble, performing company, studio) – £25 per month / £300 per year
- Corporate (academic institution, festival, national company, orchestra) – £50 per month / £600 per year
- Student Rate (Please note you must provide current Student ID to obtain this membership) – £5 per month / £60 per year
Meet the SMC Membership Officer Laura Leslie:
Welcome! Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal meeting or if you would like any further information!