Our membership schemes are open to anyone working in, or hailing from, Scotland. We offer a wide range of services to help you get your work noticed.
- SMC website profile including your biography, multimedia, and performances
- Member receptions and networking events
- Access to receive and contribute to member newsletter – High Notes
- Event listings of your concerts and performances
- Features on SMC social media – Twitter and Facebook
- Hires and sales of your work
- 10% discount on all purchases, printing and binding
- Catalogue entries of your works
- Representation on an international level – SMC takes part in Classical:NEXT, the European Music Council & the International Association of Music Information Centres
- Use of Opportunities page for commissions, funding, professional development etc.
- Use of Job vacancies page
- One to one phone calls, emails and meetings with SMC staff
- Free use of SMC foyer space during office hours for events and meetings
Each of our membership schemes can be tailored to your requirements as an artist, so please get in touch to discuss your options.
- Individual (composer, freelancer, instrumentalist, singer / songwriter) – £120.00
- Group / Small Business (chamber ensemble, performing company, studio) – £300.00
- Corporate (academic institution, festival, national company, orchestra) – £600.00
- Student Rate (Please note you must provide current Student ID to obtain this membership) – £60.00
Meet the SMC Membership Officer Laura Leslie:
Welcome! Please contact me on email@example.com to arrange an informal meeting or if you would like any further information!