Job Title: Project Coordinator (Volunteers)
Location: West Lothian
Hours: 24 per week
Salary: £19,073.76- £22,439.71(pro rata)
Contact: Samuel Maggs (Project Manager)
Contact Details: email@example.com
Information: We operate flexi time and flexible working
Gig Buddies is a project that matches people with a learning disability with volunteers to attend events together.
Gig Buddies enables adults with a learning disability to get out to the events they love. This could be music, theatre, sport; it’s whatever your ‘gig’ is. We do this by running regular social events, inviting people into their local community, and by pairing members to a Gig Buddy. This is a volunteer who shares the same interests. This way, we hope to create meaningful relationships based around the things people love.
The project coordinator will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the Gig Buddies project in West Lothian alongside facilitating regular social events. This role will recruit, train and supervise volunteers adhering to relevant legislation. The project coordinator will need to meet with individuals with a learning disability to get to know them before matching them up with their ideal gig buddy volunteer. Specific time and skill will need to be applied by the Project Coordinator to carrying out essential planning and administrative tasks associated with policy and procedure, regulatory compliance, safe working practices and quality assurance.
The Project Coordinator will work be responsible for managing their own workload and then reporting to the Gig Buddies Project Manager, they will therefore need to be organized and motivated.
In order to be considered for this role you will;
- Have experience of project coordination and the ability to develop and deliver schedules, manage budgets, resources and people
- Be able to effectively lead and motivate a team of volunteers
- Have a flexible approach to working
- Be a confident and natural communicator
- Be passionate about promoting independence for those with a Learning Disability.
- 25 days holiday + 9 days bank holiday
- Contributory pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee support line to support you and your family
- Support in gaining professional qualifications
- Continuous on the job training is provided
The closing date for applications is 30th June 2019.