The European Music Council (EMC), the regional group for Europe of the International Music Council (IMC), exists to support the interests of its 70+ member organisations, which include national music councils and music networks from across Europe. The EMC initiates and organises cooperation projects, seminars, workshops and conferences on a European level, and is active in the field of cultural policy.
For our office in Bonn, Germany we are looking for a
to assist the team with the implementation of the EMC work plan, as well as to contribute to the smooth day-to-day running of the organisation.
We offer an inspiring working environment, international contacts in the fields of music and cultural policy, and the opportunity to get an insight into all fields of work of an international NGO. This position is limited until April 2019, preferably starting 1 September 2017. As Programme Assistant you will join a young and enthusiastic team.
The main tasks of the Programme Assistant will include:
- assisting with the organisation of events, such as the European Forum on Music, EMC Board meetings, working groups and other
- logistical support: flight, accommodation, visas and other travel bookings
- assisting with the implementation of the EMC’s communication strategy
- assisting with the implementation of the EMC’s youth involvement strategy
- assisting with the editing of the EMC’s publications
- representing the EMC at international music events such as trade-fairs and conferences
- other duties that contribute to the smooth running of the organisation (including administrative tasks)
You should be an open-minded, dynamic person who brings with them qualities such as:
- either a university degree in a relevant subject or significant experience working in a comparable environment
- prior experience in arts administration (project management or public relations)
- an interest in/knowledge of music and cultural policies at European level
- a very good command of English, other languages would be an asset
- excellent computer skills (including experience working with social medias)
- experience with Typo3, FileMaker or the Adobe Creative Suite would be an asset
- the ability to prioritise workload and to work independently on individual projects
- willingness to work flexible hours and to travel
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email to Ms Ruth Jakobi at jakobi(at)emc-imc.org. Only applications in English will be considered.
Interviews will take place on 18 July in the EMC office in Bonn, Germany.
For more information on the EMC, please visit our website: www.emc-imc.org
Deadline for applications: 3 July 2017.