Aberdeen City Council
Part-time, Permanent – 22.2 hours per week
£12.44 – £14.18 per hour (£23,935 – £27,282 pa pro rata)
Art Gallery and Cowdray Hall, Schoolhill, Aberdeen
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Performance and Events Officer to plan and implement a programme of informal participatory events and performance for a wide range of audiences, making use of the venues and collections of Aberdeen Art Gallery and Museums.
You will be required to:
• Develop and deliver a range of participatory activities and performance opportunities at Aberdeen Art Gallery and Museums venues and in the Cowdray Hall
• Engage tutors and other specialists to deliver performances and events
• Collaborate with musicians, performers and musical providers in the region to develop and integrated approach to programming.
• Support new performers, artists and audiences in their use of all Aberdeen Art Gallery and Museums venues and to access the Collections
• Participate in national learning and music strategies and events
You will need to demonstrate skills and experience in:
• Event management and/or the performing arts
• Developing and delivering events and activities, with a focus on performing arts.
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with artists, performers and audiences
• Ability to confidently interact with people of all ages and abilities
• Proactive and creative ability in developing learning resources
• Project and budget management
• Audience consultation and project evaluation
• Good verbal communication skills and excellent writing skills in English, including the ability to present information accurately and in a manner accessible to diverse audiences
• Well organised approach to work with an ability to work successfully to deadlines
• Working well as part of a team or on own initiative
• Good negotiating skills
• Effective communication with members of the public, staff and colleagues
• Excellent customer service
For informal discussions please contact: Rachel Thibbotumunuwe on 01224 337715 or Deirdre Grant on 01224 523711
Location: Aberdeen City
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Rachel Thibbotumunuwe ), or call 01224 337715, or visit https://www.myjobscotland.gov.uk/councils/aberdeen-city-council/jobs/performance-events-officer-137387?from=org
The deadline is Sunday 27 January 2019 at 23:55.