Dunedin Consort is looking to recruit a highly motivated, creative and enthusiastic individual to join the team as its Learning & Participation Manager on a part-time basis (2.5 days per week).
This is a new role, whose creation reflects the expansion of Dunedin’s learning programme in recent years. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, the Learning & Participation Manager will be responsible for a diverse range of activity across the breadth of the organisation’s output. It offers the opportunity both to consolidate partnerships with existing stakeholders and to forge new ones, exploring new ways in which Dunedin can extend access to its work across a diverse set of audiences. The successful candidate would be responsible for increasing engagement with Dunedin’s output in the broadest terms, from schools and education settings, to young musicians, amateur music-makers and the wider general public. As such, it offers a chance to make a real difference to the impact of Dunedin’s work both at home and abroad.
– Overseeing the creation and implementation of a long-term learning and participation strategy for Dunedin Consort, including the expansion of its current programme of activity
– Exploring and developing partnerships with other organisations around access, engagement and participation
– Working with the Development Manager to identify new funding opportunities for Dunedin’s learning programme
– Liaising with funding partners to identify and consolidate the aims and outputs for Dunedin’s education projects
– Reporting to funders and other key stakeholders
– Attendance at concerts, industry conferences and events as required
– Liaising with schools to coordinate Dunedin’s annual programme of schools workshops
– Overseeing the delivery of Dunedin’s annual Children’s Messiah in Edinburgh and Glasgow
– Overseeing the recruitment and implementation of Bridging the Gap, Dunedin’s mentoring programme for young musicians
– Coordinating and advertising Dunedin’s one-on-one Voice Clinic sessions for amateur singers
– Arranging an annual series of choral workshops for amateur singers in Scotland
– Coordinating access to open rehearsals throughout the season
– Booking and liaising with the musicians who deliver Dunedin’s education work, and acting as the primary point of contact for matters including travel, schedules and expenses
– Arranging training sessions as necessary
– Preparing and circulating schedules to musicians and education partners
– Keeping up-to-date records and files of projects and logistical arrangements
Please ensure you download and read the full application pack before applying.
Location: Edinburgh City
For further information, please contact email@example.com (Jo Buckley), or call 01315163718, or visit https://www.dunedin-consort.org.uk/vacancies/learning-participation-manager/
The deadline is Friday 21 June 2019 at 17:00.