Part-time freelance post from June 2019 to June 2020 (Edinburgh)
Love Music has created a part-time freelance trainee position for an exceptional emerging trainee choral leader wanting to develop their skills as a professional music practitioner, specifically, but not exclusively, in the field of inclusive community-focused singing.
During the traineeship the applicant will:
- develop skills as a vocal animateur and chorus master, gaining valuable insights to pedagogic and artistic strategies that enable successful inclusive community singing
- shadow, support and learn from the work and practice of Love Music’s artistic director Stephen Deazley, who will mentor the successful applicant for the duration of the traineeship
- work with people of all ages across a number of Love Music projects (including some non-singing projects)
- contribute to the artistic success of our flagship community singing projects
- learn how to arrange music for voices in multiple parts for various age groups
- work with, learn from and support the production team in ensuring good event management, health and safety, and administrative practice and procedures
Candidates will be able to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK, will be able to provide 2 professional references, and will be subject to a Protection of Vulnerable Groups Disclosure Scotland check.
Some workshop dates are fixed and it is expected that the successful candidate will be available for the majority of them. The traineeship is not salaried, but fees will be paid on a freelance basis for attendance at workshops and mentored days.
The closing date for applications is noon on Friday 3rd May, with interviews taking place on Tuesday 14th May.
For full details and how to apply, please visit: https://www.lovemusic.org.uk/trainee