Meitar Ensemble announces the 2nd Matan Givol International Composers Competition.
Composers from all over the world are invited to present works for Meitar Ensemble.
The competition is an open call for composers of all ages and nationalities.
The promotion of New Chamber and Ensemble Music was Meitar Ensemble’s goal and ambition for many years. With this competition we take on yet another path to find those hidden jewels of New Music and bring them to the front stage .
I. PRIZE FOR THE WINNING COMPOSITION
1,000 euro and one public performances on June 15th 2017. The piece will be conducted by Pierre-Andre Valade and recorded live.
II. CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY AND APPLICATION
- There are no age limit or nationality restrictions for composers.
- Instruments: The compositions submitted for the competition must use any combination of the following instrumentation, with a minimum of five performers: flute+picc, alt, oboe/ e.horn, clarinet+bass, bassoon, 2 violins, viola, cello, d.bass, piano/ sampler, percussion: vibraphone, 4 octave marimba, glockenspiel, bass drum. Usage of prepared pianos should be discussed with the ensemble.
- No usage of additional instruments (percussion instruments which are not on the list, live electronics, etc.) is allowed.
- Scores submissions via email only. Scores will not be accepted if they do not meet the conditions for entry.
- The works duration must be between 8 to 15 minutes.
- Pieces that have won awards in other competitions will not be accepted, never the less, pieces subjected to the competition are not obliged to be new compositions.
A COMPLETE APPLICATION WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- A full online Application Form
- Scores (in PDF form) to be under pseudonym (the committee will not receive the participants names) + Short description of the work
- An artistic and academic curriculum
- A copy of the Entry Fee payment document
- The jury will consist of Meitar Ensemble members and the ensemble’s composer in residence, Mr. Philippe Leroux and the ensemble’s conductor in residence, Mr. Pierre-Andre Valade
- The jury’s decision is final and cannot be legally challenged. Furthermore, the jury reserves the right to award no prize.
- The entry fees are non-refundable.
- The results of the Matan Givol International Composers Competition 2017 will be published on the web site www.meitar.net and the social networks no later than May 15th 2017.
Deadline for entries: The scores, the registration application and the enclosed documents must be sent no later than April 30th 2017 (23:59 Jerusalem time) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For application form and for terms and conditions please click here.