Academy of Music and Sound
We are currently recruiting people for our ‘Employability for Women in the Music Industry’ course. This is a free opportunity, open to everyone and provides attendees with an SQA level 6 certificate.
This course will take place at Edinburgh’s Academy of Music and Sound, 1 Grassmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2HY, Tel no. 0131 656 0600
This course will be delivered by all female tutors.
We are trans women and non-binary inclusive.
The course will include:
- An introduction to the Music Industry
- Contracts: Demystifying getting signed
- Music management: controlling your career
- Music Career roles and where to find them
- Employability and Networking explained
- Real-life industry application processes
- Masterclasses from industry experienced women
- An SQA level 6 Certificate
This course will take place over four days: Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd December (11am-6pm, 12pm-5pm), and Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th December (11am-6pm, 12pm-5pm)
If you would like to sign up to attend the course, and are over 18, and a UK resident, you can apply by emailing melisa.kelly@academyofmusic.
This course is completely free to attend, and is open to everyone.