Set up to support composers looking to take the next step in their career, the Associate Composers Scheme provides artists the opportunity to showcase their music through nonclassical events and releases, as well as further their professional development through workshops and mentoring.
Open to unsigned and unpublished artists who display exceptional ability and potential, we are inviting emerging composers from any musical background and genre who would benefit from the support and development that the scheme offers.
Associate Composers will:
– Receive a commission for a nonclassical event
– Curate their own nonclassical club night
– Feature on our annual Outside the Lines EP release
– Receive mentorship and take part in workshops
– Be part of a support network of composers, artists and industry professionals
Previous Associate Composers have since received commissions from Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival (hcmf//), BalletBoyz, LA Philharmonic, London Philharmonic Orchestra and the Philharmonia Orchestra; as well as being Royal Philharmonic Society prize winners, received fellowships and residencies at Tanglewood Music Center and Snape Maltings, and been part of the LPO Young Composers Scheme.
To apply, applicants should submit online:
– 2-3 scores and/or recordings of their work
– Short biography and CV (maximum 2 pages)
– A paragraph each in response to the following:
-> What attracts you to nonclassical’s Associate Composer scheme?
-> Why would you benefit from being part of the scheme?
-> What does it mean to be a composer in the 21st Century?
Application deadline for the Associate Composers Scheme is Friday 7 September. Please note that applicants should be based in the UK.