We’re looking for an exceptional confident and able person to manage and administer Ludus Baroque, one of Scotland’s most prestigious early music ensembles.
This is a part-time job and would suit someone with a portfolio career who is used to working on their own initiative, mainly at home.
We’ll pay £6,000 a year for 22 hours work a month, approximately three days.
What skills you need to work for us
You should have:
• the ability to work on your own initiative and be able to carry out your tasks efficiently and accurately and not be afraid to ask for help if you need it
• excellent personal skills and a genuine interest in getting to know who we are – the board, musicians and singers – as well our audiences including Amici (our group of supporters), guests and sponsors
• exceptional written and verbal skills and ideally the ability to write for social media
• outstanding computer skills (you should be familiar with Word, Excel, and Mailchimp) and ideally know your way around HTML coding for the website
• a good head for figures, you need to be au fait, or be quick to learn, XERO our accounting system and keep the organisation financially on track at all times
• a degree in circus skills as the ability to prioritise and manage your workload in the run up to a concert is vital
• a sense of humour also helps
• you don’t need to know the ins and outs of the music world to work with us, but it would help if did have some understanding of how the arts sector works
Responsible to: the Ludus Baroque Board
Location: You can work from home but will be asked to attend board meetings and concerts in Edinburgh
Start date: August/September 2018
Closing date for applications: 31 July 2018
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please send us:
* a copy of your cv
* up to 300 words telling us why you want to work for us
* the names and contact details of two people we can ask about your suitability for the job
Deadline for applications is 31 July 2018. To apply, please send your application and details to Richard Neville-Towle email@example.com
You can also contact Richard for a longer job description by email or phone:07876 775007.
Location: Edinburgh City
The deadline is Tuesday 31 July 2018 at 17:00.