- Three Pieces for Soprano and Clarinet by Rebecca Rowe*
- Gyre by Joanna Nicholson †
- … everyone is a child of the inbetween… by Matthew Whiteside, words Helene Grøn
- Do we? We do. From Beck Song Reader, arranged by Joanna Nicholson†
- Horo by Stuart Murray Mitchell*
- Lux Aeterna Poetry by Nan Shepherd, music by Joanna Nicholson
*Poetry by Jane McKie and Stewart Sanderson
† only in Evening concerts 14th and 16th August
The Night With… at the Edinburgh Fringe is part of the Made in Scotland Showcase We are presenting nine concerts of five different programmes as part of the showcase. Click here view all The Night With… 2019 concerts.
Turning the Elements began as the name for the 2015 project which resulted in the two suites of song in tonight’s programme. As they evolved and our performances developed, we realised that the name reflected perfectly what we do as a duo; taking music, both new and traditional, and turning the elements of each piece to fit our two instruments, the voice and the clarinet, and putting our own slant on their performance.
Turning the Elements has appeared at festivals around the country: StAnza Poetry Festival (St Andrews), Fringe by the Sea (North Berwick), Sound Festival (Aberdeenshire), Book Week Scotland (Jedburgh), and taken our programmes to the Isle of Arran, Campbeltown, Dundee and Aden Park in Mintlaw (with assistance from the Hope Scott Trust).