Terms and Conditions
The information provided on the Scottish Music Centre Website is for informational purposes only and the material is protected by copyright. The contents can be used and reproduced for non-commercial, personal and educational purposes, provided you do not modify it and you maintain the copyright.
- Upon receipt of parts please check the included instrumentation sheet against the music, if there are any errors please notify us immediately.
- A cancellation charge of 25% of the hire fee plus any postage costs will be charged if an order is cancelled less than seven days before the date by which the material was required.
- All material to be returned to Scottish Music Centre within 10 days of the performance, if this is not possible, arrangements must be negotiated with Scottish Music Information Centre prior to the performance, otherwise a fee will be charged.
- Any missing or defaced material will incur a charge equivalent to the cost of replacement at the Centre's library copying rates currently in force (minimum £10.00).
- A copy of the concert programme to be supplied to Scottish Music Centre.
- The material is supplied solely for the performances specified in the hire order. It must not be lent, sold, re-hired or put to any other use.
- The customer will be liable for all postage / delivery costs, including handling charges.
- For overseas hires, payment should be made in full to Scottish Music Centre net of charges and taxes.
- Payment should be received within 30 days of receipt of invoice, thereafter interest will be charged at the rate indicated on the invoice.
- For new customers and all overseas customers payment is required in advance of the material being despatched.
- All performances of the material must be reported to the Performing Rights Society Ltd. or local equivalent. The venue of the performance must hold a valid and relevant license issued by the Performing Rights Society Ltd. or local equivalent.
- The unauthorised adaptation, translation or copying of the material by any method, in whole or in part without prior consent from Scottish Music Centre is prohibited.
- Scottish Music Centre to be informed of all performances of the hired work, including date, venue, performers and conductor. Unless previously agreed, additional fees will be payable if the work is performed more than once, if any of the performances are recorded or broadcast, and if a performance is a world premiere.
- Two complimentary tickets for any concerts / performances to be supplied to Scottish Music Centre if requested.
- By acceptance and use of the material, the hirer agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The Scottish Music Centre provide these pages as an outlet for our goods and services. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. By using the Scottish Music Centre Online Store you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The Scottish Music Centre retains details of all orders placed through its online shop. Whilst details of all purchases and some information about the buyer are held after completion of the transaction they will not be used to communicate with the buyer except in direct relation to any purchases made. The Scottish Music Centre will never give your personal details to any third party except where required to by law. Details of your visit may be used internally for development of the website.
Accuracy of information
Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when placing an order. If you believe you have provided us with incorrect information please contact us.
Access of site
The Scottish Music Centre Online Store grants you a limited licence to access and make personal use of this website, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of the Scottish Music Centre Online Store. This licence does not include any resale or commercial use of this website or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this website or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
You may not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of the Scottish Music Centre Online Store and its affiliates without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilising the Scottish Music Centre Online Store's or its affiliates' names or trademarks without the express written consent of the Scottish Music Centre Online Store. Any unauthorised use terminates the permission or license granted by the Scottish Music Centre Online Store.
You are granted a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to any page of the Scottish Music Centre Online Store as long as the link does not portray the Scottish Music Centre Online Store, its affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any the Scottish Music Centre Online Store logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without our express written consent.
We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the website will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, your access to the website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
The Scottish Music Centre Online Store reserves the right to refuse access to the website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at our discretion. If we cancel an order, it will be without charge to you.
Under the EU Distance Selling Directive you have the right to cancel your order and recieve a full refund (not including postage) for 7 days after receiving your order. This assumes that any seals or wrapping on the item is still intact. We are also happy to give a refund on any faulty item purchases through the Scottish Music Centre Online Store within 30 days of your receipt of that products.
Before returning any item please contact us by email. This will allow us to process your request in the most efficient manner.
You must not use the website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way.
You understand that you, and not the Scottish Music Centre Online Store, are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to us and you must use the website for lawful purposes only.
You must not use the website for any of the following:
- for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity
- to send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any "spam"
- to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety contract
When you place an order to purchase a product from the Scottish Music Centre Online Store, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us when we send e-mail confirmation to you that we've dispatched that product to you (the "Dispatch Confirmation E-mail"). That acceptance will be complete at the time we send the Dispatch Confirmation E-mail to you. Any products on the same order which we have not confirmed in a Dispatch Confirmation E-mail to have been dispatched do not form part of that contract.
All content included on the website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of the Scottish Music Centre Online Store, its affiliates or its content suppliers and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright and database right laws. The compilation of all content on this website is the exclusive property of the Scottish Music Centre Online Store and its affiliates and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright and database right laws. All software used on this website is the property of the Scottish Music Centre Online Store, our affiliates or our software suppliers and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws.
You may not systematically extract and/or re-utilise parts of the contents of the website without the Scottish Music Centre Online Store's express written consent. In particular, you may not utilise any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation of any substantial parts of this website, without the Scottish Music Centre Online Store's express written consent. You also may not create and/or publish your own database that features substantial (eg our prices and product listings) parts of this website without the Scottish Music Centre Online Store's express written consent.
Pricing and availability
We list availability information for products sold by us on the website, including on each product information page. Beyond what we say on that page or otherwise on the website, we cannot be more specific about availability. Please note that dispatch estimates are just that. They are not guaranteed dispatch times and should not be relied upon as such. As we process your order, we will inform you by e-mail if any products you order turn out to be unavailable.
We verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures. If a product's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatch or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
When ordering goods from the Scottish Music Centre Online Store for delivery overseas you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from the Scottish Music Centre Online Store, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods. Your privacy is important to us and we know that you care about how information about your order is used and shared. We would like our international customers and customers dispatching products internationally to be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
The Scottish Music Centre Online Store does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use the Scottish Music Centre Online Store only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
When you visit the Scottish Music Centre Online Store or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the website. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
the Scottish Music Centre Online Store will be responsible for any losses you suffer as a result of us breaching these conditions if the losses were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using the website, or a contract for the sale of goods by us to you was formed. We will not be responsible for any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure) or any other indirect or consequential loss that is not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using the website or when a contract for the sale of goods by us to you was formed. The Scottish Music Centre Online Store does not limit in any way our liability by law for death or personal injury caused from our negligence or breach of duty.
Alteration of Service or Amendments to the Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these Conditions of Use & Sale at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Conditions of Conditions of Use & Sale in force at the time that you use the website or that you order goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Events beyond our reasonable control
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
- Meet Fraser Neill, The Scots...
- Highlands And Islands Music...
- 'great Gatsby’ Composer On...
- Classical Review: Artisan Trio
- Camera Obscura On New Album...
- Edinburgh International...
- Glasgow Hydro’s First Concert...
- Fans Angry At Hydro Chiefs...
- Swashbuckling Classic Drops...
- Composition Marathon Goes For...
- Composition Summer School -...
- Summer Rock Guitar Essentials...
- Full Time Creative...
- Call For Auditions - Scottish...
- Beyond Borders - Uk-wide New...
- Funded Places For Music, Drama...
- Call For Entries - City Of...
- Enter Now - The Aim...
- Open Call For Works (the...
- Creative Music Week - North...